Sunday, January 4, 2015

January Guest Designers!

Hi there!
I am excited to announce that we have two incredibly talented Guest Designers joining us this month - Lucy Abrams and Yana Smakula! Yay!



First up, here a little bit about Lucy:

Hi, I'm Lucy, and I make cards. Lots of cards. :)
Currently, I design for Hero Arts and Simon Says Stamp.
I have been published many times in various magazines including Simply Cards and Papercraft, Scrapbook Trends, Paper Crafts, CARDS and Scrapbooks Etc.

Lucy used the Pick One for both cards she created and they are AMAZING!





Are you swooning as much as I am over here???!!!



Next up, Yana:

My name is Yana Smakula, I’m 20-smth years old and I’m from Ukraine.
I’ve been married for a little bit over two years now, no kids but we do have two black cats and we can’t live without them!

I love to travel across the world and meet new people, discover new cultures and just explore. So far together with my husband we’ve been to a few places in Europe (Poland, Czech Republic and UK), Africa (Egypt, Tunisia and Israel), Asia (China and Sri Lanka) and USA. Our next dream destination is Madagascar, I hear the nature there is simply breathtaking!

I used to live in USA (in Las Vegas, NV) when I was teen and I fell in love with this country (I was a foreign exchange high school student).

I enjoy scrapbooking and I mostly scrapbook about our travels (I often take long pauses from scrapbooking when I have no new travel photos to scrapbook). My other passion is cardmaking – I enjoy trying new products and techniques, experimenting and creating in different styles. I’m very much into stamping and die cutting although I never really though I was until I took a closer look at my cards and noticed almost all of them use stamps and dies!

I love Christmas and its my favourite time of the year. I’m fascinated by American Christmas and Christmas Traditions – I love all the decorations, nativity villages, lights, trees, wrapped gifts, shaped cookies, you name it! Every year I go absolutely crazy decorating our apartment for the holidays.


Wow - Yana also used Pick One, and the colors just pop right off the screen! 








These are stunning beyond words - both of us Guest Designers have really blown me away! What about you?!?!?

Have a great week!



Pin It!

3 comments:

maria f. said...

Gorgeous work, ladies.

jintyoo7 said...

Both Lucy and nana are terrific card-makers, I always enjoy seeing what they make - and today is no exception - LOVELY< LOVELY cards :-)

~amy~ said...

WOW! awesome inspiration ladies!