Monday, July 20, 2015

Video: Watercolor stamping + Hola

Hi everyone, it's Michelle here. I know you all have been loving the Zig Clean Color True Brush Pens just like I've been... so today I'm sharing a tutorial that shows you a unique way to use these pens. We'll be doing some watercolor stamping with them to create this snowflake holiday card (because it's always a good time to make holiday cards).


Usually when I use these pens, I stamp an outlined image, and color them in like watercolor markers. But with this technique, you color directly onto the stamp, as if you're inking it up. What's great about this method is that you get really cool blending of the ink colors directly on the stamp!! The stamp set I used for today's card is the Holiday Sparkles set from The Alley Way Stamps.

You can watch the video below to see how it's done.



Hola and happy monday, Tanja here! I created this Card using this month's mini set Neener Neener and Cha Cha Cha.


Hi All!!  Meredith here with a card that I created for a dear friend who lives far away.  I used an amazing set for backgrounds called Pillow Talk.  It's a fantastic set for a fun and funky graphic look.  Today I've used my Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.  I used good quality watercolor paper and layered each row on top of the next to create a larger variety in color.  When I was done stamping, I used my Perfect Pearlized water (this is Perfect Pearls pigment powder mixed in a mini mister bottle) and sprayed the panel 5-6 times.  I let it sit for about an hour to ensure it was fully dry.  I then stitched the panel to the green matte and mounted it all onto a white notecard.  I added my wonky stitched, hand cut, kraft banner and used the set called Delicate Doilies for my sentiment which is stamped in Hero Arts black dye ink.  I used a die from Mama Elephant called Index Card for the shimmery geotags.  As you can see, I've also used the Pillow Talk set to create a matching envelope!  Just a little extra touch! 

Hello!  Lisa popping in here with a cute card that would be a great way to welcome a baby or a baby on the way!  I've used some older stamp sets, including: Star of the ShowOut of This WorldGot It Covered.  I thought adding the stars to the ocean waves instead of the sky would add a touch of whimsy... hope you like it!



Happy Monday! N@ Ali here. I used StomperRock Solid & Livin' Fossils for my quick card today.


Hi everyone! Marina here! Today, I'm gonna dig out my older sets and I chose the Wigwam set!

One of my favourite ways to use a stamp is to make my custom "patterned paper" with it. This means, I use one (or sometimes 2-3) stamps to make a full background. I really like doing this because I can take any images in any set and use it. 

For today, I've heat embossed the dreamcatcher image in white in different directions. The colouring is the fun part! All I did was, I took 3 colours of Distress Ink and smooches them on to the card and then I spray (quite heavily) with water so get the colours mixing! :D 


Pin It!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

CUTE cards!

XxJULESxX said...

Love all the cards! fabulous!

Celeste Goff said...

What fantastic cards! Love all of the gorgeous colors!

Taunya Butler said...

These cards are knock-outs!!! Love the special touches each one of them has - gorgeous work by all your designers!!! Lovely and fun!!