Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Video: Watercolor 2 Ways + You've got this

Hey everyone, it's Michelle here! Recently, I discovered some watercolor markers that so far, I've been loving - they're called Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Today, I show you a quick look at these markers. I just have the basic set of 12 colors, and I think it's a great set to have. The colors are really bright and blend so well together.

I used these markers to color in the bird and trees in the scene in my card - you can see how vibrant the colors are, and the brush tip makes it easy to color in the tiny details. I used images from the Branching Out stamp set, and created a sentiment using the Alphabet Soup set.


Then for the background, I decided to switch to a different way to watercolor - Distress Inks. I decided to use these because with the ink pads, it's easier to get a big area painted in. As I usually do for backgrounds, I wet the paper with water before bringing any color in, and that really helped the paints to blend together.
You can watch the video below to see how it was done!




Hi there! Lexa here, today I'm going to share a fun card using Oh Splat and Old School. I use the splatters to the images instead of coloring them, then add square pannels with matching colors as background.



Hi it's N@ Ali. Today I have 3 cards using older sets, they are all three CAS cards using the same pattern paper. The bird is from TA-DA, the branch and sentiment from Pick One, the "Thanks" from BEE Sweet.




Hello, Dana here!! I'm playing with the new stamps sets Neener Neener (this months FREE with a $40 purchase!) and Cha Cha Cha!! I colored them up with some watercolor pens and added some sequins for texture!!


Hi all!  Angel here with a CAS card using Oh Splat.  :D  Don't you love the name?!  I colored the splat directly with distress markers, lightly spritzed it with water, then stamped it onto smooth white card stock.


Hello!  Emily here with a card made with Cha Cha Cha.  I colored my rooster with Copic markers.  The blue sky was Tumbled Glass distress ink.  



Pin It!

No comments: