Friday, August 21, 2015

8.21.15 Happy Everything!!

Hi Friends!!  Meredith here with a card that I made using the newly released Penguins On Parade set.  I'm having SO much fun with this set!  I've created many adorable little penguins all dressed up!  Today my card features the "pig" outfit.  I watercolored my image using my Kuratke watercolors and I added my sentiment oriented vertically on my main panel.  I liked it better this way knowing I was going to have the gathering of banners also placed vertically in the background behind my main panel.  I stitched my far most background which grounds it a bit for me visually and adds some extra texture.  I also stitched the main panel as well.  

Howdy, crafters! Julia A. here. Today I want to show you how you can add texture to your cards by using a fantastic material – wood veneer. It has great color and feels great to the touch and whoever receives your card will be fascinated by it.


Check out the video below to see how I created the card. I used the "Gotta Bug" stamp set for my card, and for the sentiment I used "Say It Don't Spray It".


Pin It!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

These are sooo sweet!

Taunya Butler said...

Well - HAPPY EVERYTHING to all you awesome people at TAWS and a little extra get well wish for Alison!! I wish you all the best!!!

Celeste Goff said...

What gorgeous cards!!!