Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Pow! Bam! Bang!

Hello!  How is that for a wake up call on a Wednesday? hehehe!  Lisa here and today I'm popping in to share this card I've created with the new Alley Way Stamps Penguins on ParadeHappy Hero and an older set called KA-POW.  I just adore these new sets and can't get enough of the mixing and matching that can be done!  Take a peek at what I'm sharing today...


Hi friends! It's Yuki here today with a super fun card featuring "Sea Mates." To begin the card, I die cut a piece of watercolor cardstock using a stitched rectangle die. I created the background by sponging on Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire distress inks. I spritzed some water onto the background and patted the water droplets with a paper towel. This picks up some of the color and gives the background a little bit more depth. I sponged white pigment ink onto the background using two different bokeh stencils.

 photo TAWS August 1_Sealed with a Fish 2_HandmadebyYuki.jpg

I watercolored the fish and fussy cut it out. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and die cut it using a stitched oval die. To make the fish stand out from the background, I added a strip of vellum. I matted the background onto a piece of black cardstock and adhered all of the layers onto a scalloped cardbase. To give the sentiment a little pop of color, I added a pink heart from the "Branching Out" set. To finish the card, I covered the fish and heart with Glossy Accents and added some sequins.

 photo TAWS August 1_Sealed with a Fish 1_HandmadebyYuki.jpg

This was such a fun card to make and I just love how it turned out. I hope you were inspired by today's card and be sure to visit my blog for a full list of supplies.

Hi everyone.. Holly here and today I have a fun card using the adorable new set Penguins on Parade. This set is filled with so many fun images to create a wide variety of critters. I used some Black embossing Paste and a stencil for the perfect background for my bird in disguise!




Pin It!

3 comments:

Shannon McComb said...

Wow!! All 3 cards are just so much fun!! Love em:)

Taunya Butler said...

EXCELLENT - each card is SUPER-er than words can say - all very cool and just made with so much style and cool designs!!!

Celeste Goff said...

What sweet and adorable cards!