Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Super Wishes to You!


Hello Friends, This is Archana !! It´s my first post as a DT for the The Alley Ways Stamps....n I ´m super excited. I´m here to share fun inspiration featuring August new release. I made these sweet little chicks, using Penguins on Parade stamp set. I colored these images using distress inks and then fussy cut. The banner is hand cut and the sentiments are from Bite size stamp set. To add some interest in the background, I sprayed prima color mists and added washi tape.Sentiments are heat embossed.


Hello, hello!  Isn't that card just too cute?!  Lisa here with ya now to share another card using the Penguins on Parade Stamp Set and mixing it with the Happy Hero Stamp Set.  I love all of the combos you can create with this super critter, and I also decided to go a little whimsical with my colors... have a super day!!!



Hi everyone! It's Yuki here with a fun card featuring the adorable monkey from "Tropic Topic."

 photo TAWS August 3_Monkey Around 1_HandmadebyYuki.jpg

I started off by coloring the cute monkey with Copic Markers and fussy-cut him out leaving a white border. I die cut two layers of grass using a grassy border die. For the background, I used Tumbled Glass distress ink to create the sky. I pieced together the sentiment and stamped it directly onto the background. I created a frame for my scene by die cutting a piece of dark brown cardstock using two stitched square dies. I then die cut a piece of kraft cardstock and used a leaf stencil to create a fun background with Vintage Distress ink. 

When applying distress ink using a stencil, I find it easier to apply it in tapping motion rather than a circular motion.  When I tap on the ink, I will slightly rotate the ink blending tool, but I don't want to rub aggressively and risk shifting the delicate stencil. You can also use a removable adhesive spray to secure your stencil and this is a great option for intricate stencils. I finished the card by adding some natural twine and green enamel dots. To make it look like the twine was bunched in the center, I taped the center of the twine with washi tape and covered it up with my focal panel. 

 photo TAWS August 3_Monkey Around 2_HandmadebyYuki.jpg

This was such a fun card to create and I think this card would be perfect for so many different occasions. I hope you were inspired by my card and be sure to swing by my blog for a full list of supplies used to create this card. Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Wednesday everyone.... It's Holly here with a fun card using the new sets Penguins on Parade and Happy Hero. I love using Distress Inks to create backgrounds on watercolor paper. And of course Wonder Bird needs a Gold Lasso right? 


Pin It!

2 comments:

Shannon McComb said...

Oh wow!! All such fun projects!!

Taunya Butler said...

Umm, YEAH!!!! All of these cards are SUPER in their own way and they each have great details and colors - WOW!!! Love them!!