Monday, September 21, 2015

Video: Tissue Paper Ocean Waves + Let's Party

Hello, It's Michelle here! Today I have a video where I put some tissue paper to use! I'm sure most of you have some of this lying around for gift wrapping, but it's also a great material to use on cards, as long as you apply it correctly! It gives your project some awesome texture and nice, pastel colors :)

Today, I made an ocean scene with tissue paper, simply cutting them into general wave shapes and then layering them on top of each other, adhering and sealing it with Mod Podge. Nothing too complicated!
For my stamped images, I used the "It's My Party!" stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps. I colored them in with Copic markers.

To finish, I added some clear, blue, green, and teal sequins to bring out those ocean colors. To accentuate the tissue paper layers, I even adhered some of the sequins in between the layers. Since the tissue paper is thin, the sequin still shows through! :)


It's Monday and I think it's time we Party!!!!  Lisa here with a bright and bold card using the Big Time Stamp Set that is sure to put you in the mood.  With a happy messy accident of spray mists and clear embossing this card just came together...
Hi Friends!!  Meredith here with a creation using a combination of a few different (and favorite) Alley Way sets.  I've used Tri-Me and Framed for the exterior and Big Chatter for the interior.  I've created this card for friends who are celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary!  I started by creating the background using different shades of blue Hero Arts dye ink.  I then used Delicata gold ink and the triangle outline stamp that comes with the set to add some sparkle and really make the blue tones pop a bit.  I started by stamping the Polaroid frame with Colorbox pigment ink in Harbor onto Canson brand vellum and heat setting this with clear embossing powder.  I then stamped my camera image and did some quick coloring with my Copic markers.  I added a stamped heart, also in the Framed set, in red to the lower right corner.  I slipped a bit during this process but did not want to scrap the entire piece so, using a Micron pen, I loosely drew a heart around the area and made it look more intentional than I meant it to.  I added some red stitching and some die cut tiny hearts to add more texture and shine.
It's been a long time since I've taken the time to create a bit of fun for the interior of a card but this was a very special occasion so I deemed it worthy!  I used my Hero Arts Tide Pool to stamp the Congrats and while it was still a little damp I sprinkled gold embossing powder just on the top of the sentiment.  I then added the words "heart felt" from the same set.  I stamped this using Delicata gold ink.  I added some red stitching to the interior to match what I'd done on the outside.  


Hi and happy monday, Tanja here! I have a birthday card for you. Created with this month's mini Party Pooper.

Hey Everyone! It's Marina here! I hope you're not tired of my rainbow cards yet because here's another one. 

I started out by making those background banners (from the Cake Day set). I love the look of no-line colouring, that makes it look quite "real". I used copic markers and I like to stamp using the Distress Ink Antique Linen. The adorable bear is from the Party Pooper set. But that's about it. I love keeping my stickles around because you can just add it to your card and I feel like the sparkles made the card looks alive. 



Pin It!

No comments: