Monday, October 19, 2015

A Little Monday Sparkle!

Good Morning Alley Way Friends!  Meredith here with a sparkly creation featuring an oh so adorable set called Tootharina.  I was in the mood to color so I pulled out a few Copic markers and set to coloring the adorable fairy.  It's been a LONG time since I've used my Copics so my technique is very basic but I like how bright and happy she looks.  I used my Wink of Stella clear pen to give her wings and dress some subtle sparkly shine.  I used the sentiments in the set to create a focal point for my tone on tone background and on the other side of my background I used a Swiss dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug to create the texture.  I fussy cut my fairy and added her to the card using 3D foam dots.  I added some pink enamel hearts and dots and I put a big fluffy bow as a final touch using ribbon I found at Target, of all places!!  I love that the fairy looks as though she's about to fly off of the card!

Hello!  Lisa here today with a non-traditional colored Christmas card to share with you all.  I created this card using the new Mistletoe Kisses stamp set.  I was able to create dimension to my flowers by trimming just the smaller part of the flower and propping it up with foam adhesive...



Hi it's N@ Ali. I made two cards using this month's Mistletoe Kisses and using the same simple sketch. A bit of Stickles on the first card and a pearlescent grey paper on the second add a bit of sparkle to these end of year cards.



Hi everyone! It's Marina and today I'm doing a little Flashback card. As usual, you know I'm very drawn to colourful cards when it comes to The Alley Way stamps images. 


Firstly, I wanted to make my card slimmer to suit the three bears. All the images are stamped on top of each other using some masking technique. I used a thin printing paper and added temporary adhesive and use it as a masking paper. You can also use post-its. This is the same thing I did for the balloons. I went on to have fun and coloured it with various copic markers. 

With such a busy central images, I wanted to "ground" the card. Therefore, I've added a strip of sparkly gold paper below the bears. I took a blank paper and heat embossed it with gold sparkles embossing powder.  Of course, since this is a birthday card, I just had to add some gold stickles to complete the card :) All the images are from the Party Pooper set.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

These are all sooo sweet!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, what fabulous cards from the design team! Great inspiration ladies!