Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Video: No Line Watercoloring + Sending Warm Wishes

Hello friends, it's Michelle here! Today I wanted to try a new (for me) technique that you may or may not have seen. It's called no-line watercoloring and it's a way to color your stamps to get a really soft, blended watercolor look. I used the Party Pooper stamp set from The Alley Way stamps (plus a sentiment from It's My Party).


As I mentioned, this was my first time trying this technique out, so it is far from perfect. BUT, I didn't mess up too horribly which means that YOU can definitely do it, too! :) Here are some tips that I figured out along the way that might help you:
  • The biggest tip I have is to make sure you have CONTRAST in the spaces where a line would divide your image. If you don't have enough contrast between light and dark, everything in your image will end up just blending together and won't have any definition.
  • You might want to work on one area, and then move to another that isn't adjacent so that the first one has time to dry and any new paint from the second area won't blend into the first.
  • I find it easier to control how much color I put down if I first scribble my pens onto an acrylic block, and pick up the ink from there.




Hello everyone! Lexa here again with a warm wishes card featuring Flap Happy and their beanies are from Waddle Pals. To keep in track with my idea, I use "warm wishes" from Chilly mini set.



Hello, Emily here with a winter card using the set called Waddle Pals.  I created the background to look like blizzard using watercolors.  My penguin was colored with Copic markers.  


Hi all!  Angel here with a card using Mistletoe Kisses and a sentiment from Waddle Pals.  I love how well these sets coordinate!


Hello! Dana here with a card featuring the new Sweet Thing stamp set. I paired it with a flower die that i colored with watercolors!



Pin It!

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

What super sweet cards!!!